Preparing to Attend a Ft. Leonard Wood Graduation Ceremony
There are two ceremonies that soldier’s families may find themselves attending at Ft. Leonard Wood. The 1st is the soldiers graduation from Basic Training. The 2nd is their graduation from AIT.
It can be a tricky thing to book travel arrangements for basic training graduations because there are so many reasons why your soldier might end up being held over and not graduating on the first expected date.
Book your hotel room.
- Remember to ask for early check-in if you arrive after midnight, and late check-out if your plane leaves after normal check out times.
- Soldiers at BCT like pools and hot tubs}.
Schedule your flights (this can be done by clicking HERE).
- The airport most commonly used for graduation at Fort Leonard Wood is St Louis International in Missouri. The airport code is STL.
- A smaller airport in Missouri is Branson Airport, that code is BKG
- Many Visitors to FLW fly into Springfield (SGF) because it's not the 1st choice, so there are often more options available.
- There's also a very small airport on base serviced by Cape Air that travelers can connect with to land directly at FLW. The code for that airport is BTN.
The reason we’re scheduling flights after hotels, is that most hotel reservations can be changed for free.
- Rent a Car or Decide on Ground Transportation (Taxi, Bus)
- Purchase your Warrior’s Banquet Tickets (if you plan on attending).
Document Checklist for FLW Graduation Ceremonies
- Identification for everyone over 16
- Car Insurance Documentation or Rental Car Paperwork
- Fort Leonard Wood Graduation Map